Seven is the number that comes to mind when we talk about chakras. and yep in the popular indian/ vedic system that # crops up a lot to coincide with the 7 glands.
However in our system we add in the spleen chakra that supplies the famous 7 with their supply of vitamin D, prana and chi. We also add in the 2 other spleen chakras in the shoulder blades that triangulate the spleen chakra with the heart center taking center stage inside that triangle. That gives a basic 10 chakras for each of the 3 human dimensions, 3d, d4-emotional and d5 the mental/ causal as illustrated. So tallying that up, gives 30 chakras across all 3 human dimensions. That leaves the most elusive one of all, the so-called 3rd eye which is really the synthesis of all the brain centers particularly the 3 most well known ones, the pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus centers. Why only one of them, well that’s because we talking about a level so advanced and so far ahead of average humanity, that it cannot be reached from the atomic 3d or d4 centers residing outside the d5 centers.
Here is the break down of centers, glands are in italics..
- Brow chakra (96 spokes) — Pituitary gland; produces hormones, governs the function of the previous five glands, has contact with the current personality [atomic 530]
- Crown chakra (inner 12 + outer 960 spokes) — Pineal gland; regulates biological cycles, including sleep, has potential to consciously contact soul 
- Throat chakra (16 spokes) — Thyroid gland; regulates body temperature and metabolism.
- Heart chakra (12 spokes) — Thymus, Pericardium, ventricles, auricles with spleen affected; regulates the immune system.
THE FOUR MINOR CENTERS
- Root chakra (4 spokes) — Adrenal glands for kidneys and bladder; regulates the immune system and metabolism.
- Sacral chakra (8 spokes] —Reproductive glands (testes in men; ovaries in women); controls sexual development and secretes sex hormones.
- Solar Plexus chakra (10 spokes) — Stomach, Pancreas; input for d4 energies. [4th dimenesion]
- Spleen chakra x 3 ( 6 spokes each supplying the other 7 centers )[crown and brow considered as one supply to the head center]
ROOT RACES 4 AND 5
The major centers for root race 4 [the atlanteans] were the head, solar plexus and base.
For root race #3 [lemurian], the most dominant center was the spleen .